reading matters, so let's make public library reader services awesome!
There’s a part-time readers advisory position available in Mosman, New South Wales, closing Tuesday 24 June. Find it here.
From the position description Mosman appears to have a comprehensive service with key responsibilities including a good cross section of social media, eNews, reviews, collection development, bookclub, reading programs, competitions, displays, readers advisory resources, and working group attendance. Essential criteria include experience in the use of social media tools and knowledge of literature and current reading trends. Essential criteria for all library employees, really.
Key responsibilities for the Mosman position (extract adapted from the position description document) –
1. Provision of readers advisory services and activities, including the creation of online content for the library’s website, maintaining the Mosman Readers’ site, editing the NextReads Newsletters, using social media to promote reading and adding reviews to the Shorelink Catalogue.
2. Developing the library’s fiction collection and book club kits.
3. Developing reading programs for adults including facilitating and creating book clubs and assisting the Reader Services Librarian with the organisation and running of the Read Review and Win Program.
4. Coordinate the use of the library’s display cabinet and mount regular themed displays in the cabinet and on the library’s book display areas.
5. Train Library staff in readers’ advisory services including the use of readers’ advisory tools, and writing book reviews.
8. Assist library clients in the use of the readers’ advisory tools and resources.
9. Attend the NSW Readers Advisory Working Group Meetings.